Sunday 25 April 2021

Mr Crauwcamp - a legend

Mr Crauwcamp 

I don't know where to begin when I write about this legend. Mr Crauwcamp has always been a shoulder to lean on to most of us, be it a learner or teacher. Out of all that we can ever say about Mr Crauwcamp, he is one of the best things that has ever happened to THS WELKOM HTS. He has always put others needs more than his. He made it his mandate to always fight for what's right and help the needy. Wherever he helped those who needed his help, you would never see a camera with him. Because he has always believed that what happens between a mentor and a learner must stay between them. People don't have to know that he helped you with something. It should be between the two of you and God himself. That's a definite definition of Charity. 

I remember when I was in grade 8 back in 2016. I was a new Tekkie learner and it was our orientation day. I didn't have any money for transport and it was very late to walk back home. But Mr Crauwcamp gave me money for transport, when he didn't even know who I am or where I come from. He trusted me enough to give me money out of his own pocket so that my mother and I can take a cab back home. I will never forget the day I met this legend. I could take the whole day talking about his work, but in short, life was amazing as a learner at THS WELKOM HTS with Mr Crauwcamp as a head of grade and parent to us. 

I wish you all the best with your future endeavours Oom Croukies. May the Holy God keep blessing you more. One thing I learnt from him is that, nothing at all including no one would steal away the talent that God gave you. Nothing will take away the talents we have, of working with our hands. 

 "A hand that gives, is a hand that gets" I will always stick to these words because I live by them everyday.🙌 I'm very proud to call myself a Tekkie. 

Thank You So Much For Everything Sir. 

Ons waardeer alles wat Mnr vir ons gedoen het. 

Baie Sterkte Mnr Croukies🙌

Alex Manise