Tuesday 10 January 2023

Message to the grade 8's of 2023

I am so excited of this year as it is my last. It feels like it was just yesterday when I first came through that front gate and got initiated into the Tekkie span as a "Klein Tekkie" as I like to call it. I can recall the exact day so well, you would swear it happened just a few hours ago. With a blink of an eye four years later here I am wondering how in the world did I get here so fast. Do not get me wrong though, I enjoyed every second I spent here at school and have made plenty of memories to reminiscence on, because I knew what I want from day one and no one dared to stand in my way. Yes, I stepped on some toes in the process but that is just one of the many life lessons or rather, teachings I received at high school about what the "real world" is all about and what it takes in preparation to survive it.

To the new grade 8 learners I say all of this to you to emphasize the point of choice making you guys need to channel yourselves into. Trust me, nothing is easier than to set a goal and work towards it. The only factor that tends to deteriorate this path you have set for yourself are the external forces that act upon you and you are the only person to resist them, no one else. Unfortunately no one will be available to hold you hand every step of the way. 

But don't you worry you are still to learn a lot from your brothers.

The Tekkie spirit lives within all of us.To bite the bullet and keep moving. I welcome you all and hope you enjoy being part of the Tekkie span. 

Grade 8 up 'till grade 11
Education provides stability in life, and it's something that no one can ever take away from you. By being well-educated and holding a matric certificate of a specialized school, you increase your chances for better career opportunities and open up new doors for yourself.

Unathi Kula (Tekkies Chairperson)