Sunday 24 March 2024

Poem: A man's life

It's 12am, I'm woken by a noise
Some say I'm happy
But I don't have a choice.
The women I married
Keep changing over night.

We don't see eye to eye
Without it turn into a fight
I vowed to love her till death do is apart.
The women I married keep shouting over night.

I am the man of the house
With a WOMAN who wears
Pants in the house
Every minute I spend with her

Makes me regret our vows
The woman I married
What is it I don't do right?
Our marriage turned into a fight
When it's 3AM i go to work
And when I arrived it's all war

Why didn't I see this before
That I won't be happy
But today I file in DIVORCE
I don't say much
My writing says it all

We don't communicate
It's like fire and rain
And with all that said
I laydown the ring
You never show me respect

Your actions has pushed me away.
To the woman I married
Today I leave the regret 

[Israel Xaba:  7 March 2024]

Click HERE for more poems.