Sunday 26 May 2024

Poem: Biography

I recall the voice of my father,
That used to shrink my mother.
I recall the nights when he used to imprecate my brother.

How he was welcomed by the world
That I now can't stand the image of my brother,
I now stand ambiguous of my brother,
Unclear of his love for me.

For he is now nab and beam.
This for me has become surreal,
I can't credence this happening 
My brother has become clifty.

I recall the tears my mother cried,
For they were corroboration of my mother's night.
I now loathe the sight of my father,
For I was too young to protect my mother.

I call to mind the days I never slept
I call to mind my mother's whimpering 
I call to mind my mother's friend 
Who's life was frailty for years.

As she Now lay lamented 
By deeds of a man.
I recall the innocence 
Of my laughter as a child

For it has Now passed from sight, 
For I now walk with a wound 
And I now talk from a wound 
As I now inscribe my agonizing life. 

Click HERE for more poems.