Wednesday 27 June 2018

Sing me a song

Sing me a song
That plays softly and takes long
For this melancholy is quite not short
Piano keys and muffled cries
As I batter myself over lost time
Yet to see time’s wings but oh dear it flies
What did we sow to reap this much?
Lord why do you our souls crush?
Such sad news before lunch

A dear life you led my friend
Breathtaking and without much suspense
A die hard soccer fan you were
Lord could you not let us just prepare?
The stars are writing your name amongst them
For your ambition and passion shone just like them
I wish to write you the best of masterpieces
But you are the master piece amongst the pieces
I write with sorrow and pain
This heartbreak I cannot explain
Do not cry as you read this
God’s work is unquestionable
He had given and now he has taken
Dijane Motseki May your soul Rest In Peace

~ George Motapane Jr