Sunday 23 January 2022

RCL: Identify your goals ...

Good morning fellow HTS learners. My name is Karabo Tsotsotso and I am the 2022 RCL Chairman.

My school journey, from Grade 1 to Matric, has indeed been a long and challenging one. I know I am not alone: for many of us, school life is a myriad of challenges. I, too, have failed a grade so I have personally experienced the pain of failure.

Yet, we as humans are all aware of the old adage: "Self-belief and hard work will ALWAYS earn you success." Accordingly, as long as we keep persevering, we can only succeed. Hard work, diligence, dedication and determination ensure success - this I promise you all. With this being said, I urge every 'Tekkie' to uphold the ethos of THS Welkom and to undertake to meet all challenges head on with diligence  and dedication. Identify your goals now and start today working immediately towards achieving them. This is the manner of great men. I know we will all be great men if we use every day to its fullest, pursuing our goals, achieving successes - no matter how small - for the rest of our school lives and beyond, into the world of tertiary education, a well-paid career, and a family of our own. A son who will, with pride, comment: "My father is a great man."

Thank you and God's richest blessings today and always.