Tuesday 5 January 2021

Matrics 2021

Alex Manise
As one of the many seniors amongst more than one million others, I have felt many emotions towards the way senior year sadly ended for us. As you begin on your journey into senior year, I ask you to remember what we had all lost. Senior year is supposed to be the big hooray. It is the year you become an adult, and begin your journey into life.

We all began our high school journey as scared, little, freshman and have grown into ourselves as we experienced the joys and hardships that are thrown our way during those 4 years. We have watched seniors above us enjoy the perks of their last year: prom, prom weekend, prize givings, and the list goes on. It's very unfortunate that we did not have any of those as the class of 2020, but I pray that things get better so that the class of 2021 can get what we never got. So that they can make the best of what we never had! So that they can study hard without interruptions such as shutting down of schools and more especially the current status quo (Covid-19). All of this depends on how much we are determined to listen to our government officials and abide to the law; and all of this depends on our relationship with God. Because without him all of our dreams are just dreams.

Personally, I have had friends throughout different grades every year of high school. Particularly, I found my best friend, who just so happens to be a junior. But I have hope that I will inspire him to get to the senior phase where I had also passed- just the way I was also friends with seniors from my school.

It's a new year! It's a new beginning! I pray that you all enjoy your matrix year! I pray that you have a year full of education, fun and prosperity as this is your year that will determine your future. I know that God exists. I know that he is able, and I know that he will be with everyone of you this year. Viva Matrix 2021 Viva! Shine like the sun! Bright as ever. 

[Alex Manise]