Wednesday 24 July 2024

Poem: Melody of the caged bird

I know nothing other than my cage land
For I only fly onto my master's lap.
It is of great joy that I sing day by day,
For at least he thinks I am his friend.

My wings know nothing about the wind
For they are only visited by the blade of 2 hand scissor.
I shout my cries day in day out,
For they never reach the ground.

I see the smile on my master each day I cry.
My shouts are of melody to his ears
As if he's deprived of sight.
For there only comes a time where I'll leave my land tranquil.

For it made me timid 
From amazing souls
Which never passed without saying "hello"

It's of irony 
They greet as if they are to stay,
For my heart palpitate as it hears this phrase.
I see grove of trees where birds build homes 

For I only sit on stick 
Sip on water and sink in seeds.
My melody is what they like 
For I have cried like tribes of Palestine 
Where posters are made and seen
But nothing is to be done for thee

Melody of the caged bird.

[Click HERE for some more poems.]