Sunday 22 September 2024

Poem: Beauty - my queen

First time I saw you, I wouldn't believe my eyes
They laid on you, I couldn't move them
My whole body froze you are the one ...
My beauty, my queen!

I had never seen one like you
So beautiful, no one compares
A lady of my dreams, before my eyes
You, the one - my queen!

I rubbed my eyes with disbelief
Was it possible, an angel right here?
A heavenly rose on earth
The one - my queen!

Inside my dead heart, love blossomed
With a frozen body, my emotions ran high
And this, this was the end of celibacy
For you my queen, had arrived!

Like a diamond you shone
A well built lady, like no other
I had found someone to live for
For you my queen, had arrived
My lovely queen, had arrived!!

[Simon Seleteng: Universiteit van Pretoria, Taaibos-digbundel: Ontblotings Uitgawe 18 2003 p 37] 

More poems HERE