Friday 13 September 2024

Worthy

The reflection of my beauty is defined by how I look at myself, would anyone say I speak of a mirror that hang motion less on the wall or the one that stands on the floor?

As the world orbits on its axis, the mirror sees me different as days are never the same. For it is true that some days my beauty is not present, but present is I, who stand infront of a mirror.

What is it they'll see as I take a step outside my doorstep? Will they see what I've seen in the mirror? Will my confidence boost or hinder by the first compliment or critics?

Is it well that I now read encomium, for it never fails to deliver me a message my mirror fails to tell me?

Loving myself has become difficult for I myself can't say 'I do'. Here I stood facing the reflecting glass motionless with only me moving inside 💠, with no sound. Evident that I'm empty, sad😢 and broken 💔. For my beauty is never of how the world would like it to be, and I myself lived envied and mean, for I wasn't seen worthy.

Perhaps it's true that it all begins with oneself. I couldn't see my own beauty, yet I still expected the world to.